Explore Our Opportunities
Background and History:
Tecla Company in Walled Lake, MI:
Founded in 1897 by Thomas E. Clark, Tecla Company is celebrating over 100 years of manufacturing excellence. All of our products are manufactured in the United States at our Ladd Road facility located in Walled Lake, Michigan.
Benefits of Working at Tecla
- Company continues to be highly innovative and has roots of working with Henry Ford and Thomas Edison over 100 years ago
- Located in Walled Lake, Michigan not far from key highways and suppliers, but with over 40 countries being served
- Several multi-decade old, high quality brands in the Pet, Fishing, Boating and Industrial markets
- Team, product, and market diversity makes each day interesting while Tecla’s Quality System and its System of Work open management support continuous improvement and high customer satisfaction; every team member is an important contributor
Tecla Company is celebrating over 120 years of manufacturing excellence. WE are the 46th oldest company in Michigan. Dedicated to quality and craftsmanship, Tecla and its multiple divisions (Tecla Marine, Bert’s Custom Tackle, Walker Downriggers, Resco Pet Products, and Tecla Innovation) continue to grow and be the gold standard for quality across multiple sectors. Headquartered in Walled Lake, Michigan, Tecla is looking for outstanding people across multiple divisions.
We are looking for:
- Full Time CNC Operator
- Assembly Production workers in our Tecla Marine division.
- Positive attitude
- No prior manufacturing experience required, we provide in house training
- Must be reliable and dependable. We are a small, family owned business and require our employees to have stellar attendance.
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to sit, stand, or walk for up to 10 hours a day
- Capable of reading and filling out job sheets
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Reading and filling out job worksheets
- Assembling product to specifications following approved procedures
- Quality control
- Packing and labeling products
- Monitoring and managing inventory and components
- Meeting or exceeding time standards
- Maintain a clean and safe workspace
What We Offer
- Starting wage of $10.00/hour
- Benefits offered after 60 days (Health care for employee-90% paid by Tecla (option to buy family inclusion-employee pays)
- Dental and Life Insurance offered (employee pays)
- After your first year, you will qualify for 3 personal days and 10 vacation days
- 1st shift – 6am-4pm Monday through Thursday
- No experience necessary, we will train
- 2 paid 15-minute breaks
- Paid 30-minute lunch
Please download and fill out the following Tecla Job Opportunity Application PDF and submit with resume if available to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once submitted someone will follow up within 5 business days.